This ancient church is dedicated to St Mary the Blessed Virgin. It is situated on the Stopham Estate, home of the Barttelot family. The Barttelots have been connected with Stopham since John Barttelot married Joan de Stopham, heiress, in 1379. The family’s distinguished military service over the centuries, as well as during both World Wars whilst serving in the Coldstream Guards, is reflected by memorial tablets in the church and on the war memorial on the nearby village green.
St Mary’s is rooted in the Church’s rich past, following the 1662 Order of Service every Sunday. We welcome worshippers from near and far seeking strength through our traditional form of worship.